photo credit: Event Photos by Tracy
CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT RACE UPDATES!
Race info (the updates linked above are most accurate and supercede the info below):
Key Sports is excited to announce that we're hosting the Free 4 Miler on the Fourth this year! The virus has caused a date change and given us additional guidelines to follow. However, we're confident that participants will adhere to the guidelines so that we can have future races. We respect your decision to participate in person or not, so we'll offer a virtual option in addition to the live race.
We've been working for weeks to get a plan approved by the City of Miamisburg, Five Rivers MetroParks, and Public Health - Dayton and Montgomery County because your safety is important. It goes without saying that this race will not be your typical race, but an opportunity to resume an activity you enjoy.
Below you'll find highlighted changes to this year's event, as required by Public Health - Dayton and Montgomery County. Please understand that this list is not inclusive and is subject to change. Changes will be posted below and we encourage you to review them prior to participating on race day.
- Participants must be free of symptoms and illness for 14 days prior to the race. Symptomatic participants may not participate.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- We encourage you to wear a mask or face covering while in line.
- You can begin lining up to pick up your bib at 5:30am
- The race will have a time trial start (one person starts approximately every 10 seconds), with the first person starting at 6am. Once you've picked up your bib, you'll be funneled directly to the start line.
- You must be in line by 8:30am 8am. Please understand that we will cut off the line so that we can get everyone started by 9am 8:30am. Don't expect to arrive at the last minute and get a place in line.
- There will be no water stops on the course, so please bring your own water. We'll have bottled water to take with you at the finish line.
- No spitting, snotting, or projections of any bodily fluid before, during, or after race.
- We will not be hosting a cookout or awards ceremony after the race.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which include high fives, fist bumps, or close contact before, during or after the event.
- Before, during, and after the race, participants must abide by the six-foot physical distancing requirement when lining up or passing other participants.
- Spectators are not permitted on the course, at start line, or finish line.
- Please do not congregate after the race. Participants must gather their belongings and leave immediately after the race.
- Everyone must pre-register for the race There will be no race day registration.
- Please read and follow all guidelines for this event. We cannot stress this enough. If these guidelines aren't followed, we'll have to stop the race. Additionally, following these guidelines will demonstrate to decision makers that we can continue to have future events.
Event schedule (subject to change):
Race day (Riverfront Park)
5:30am - Participants are permitted to line up to pick up their bibs.
6am - Bib pick up begins. Once you pick up your bib, you'll be funneled to the start line to begin your race. You cannot return to your car, wait for friends, or otherwise get out of line.
You must be in line by 8:30am 8am. Please understand that we will cut off the line so that we can get everyone started by 9am 8:30am. Don't expect to arrive at the last minute and get a place in line. We will stop timing at approximately 10am 9:30am.
Registration and packet pick up info:
Registration is $10 for everyone and includes race bib/chip. If you'd like to add a shirt or tank, you can do so for $15.
We started this race to give back to those who serve our communities. About 50% of our participants are military, first responders, or Team RWB members and have participated for free. However, with zero sponsorship dollars and no running events for the last four months, we unfortunately cannot offer free entries this year as we simply cannot afford it.
The race will take place at Riverfront Park in downtown Miamisburg.
The course is located on the bike path. Participants must maintain a 20 minutes/mile pace.
Results are updated as you finish and can be accessed on the Key Sports website.
We are not permitted to have anything post race, so will not be handing out awards. We will still present overall and age group results online.